9 months ago
A private healthcare group is currently looking to recruit an Advance Nurse Practitioner to join their team within their Acute Visiting service team.
The purpose of Acute Visiting Service is to manage patient’s acute episodes of illness in the community and prevent hospital admission. As the Advance Practitioner you will work closely with the Service Manager to deliver robust clinical governance and the fulfilment of the service contract.
- To manage a clinical case load of undifferentiated cases using telephone triage, base visits and home visits when appropriate of patients that are referred on the day with acute presentations
- Assess and manage medical, psychological and social needs including complex cases.
- Prioritise cases and intervene appropriately in emergency or urgent situations, including initiation of emergency care
- Implement health promotion and preventative strategies.
- Be an independent prescriber and prescribe safe effective and appropriate medication as defined by current legislative framework
- Work collaboratively and supportively with colleagues and encourage team development within the service and to external allied professionals
- Undertake the assessment as requested of the treatment needs of the patients, being a source of guidance to others delivering care and making recommendations as to the most suitable care packages or pathway when relevant
- To support the Urgent Care Network which may include supporting both the Urgent Care centre and Walk in centres.
- Work with the service manager to ensure adherence to relevant legislation, guidance and good practice, including health and safety, medicines management, medical devices and infection control.
- Ensure an effective clinical governance strategy and appropriate implementation mechanisms including empirical learning, best practice, evidence base, audit research to include appropriate input into training and delivery.
- First Level registered nurse with current registration with clinical body
- Degree or equivalent work based experience
- Nurse practitioner qualification or demonstrable experience
- Advanced clinical examination skills at level 7
- Independent non medical prescribing qualification V300
- Evidence of up to date personal and professional development
- Experience working autonomously at band 7 or equivalent in UCC /prehospital/community setting for a minimum of 5 years
- Ability to work autonomously
- Proven ability and competence with regard to interventional skills at an advanced level
- Ability to influence within the organisation through demonstration of excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to motivate all members of the multi-disciplinary team through demonstration of excellent interpersonal skills