3 months ago
Title: Theatre Nurse
Hours: 40 hours
Salary: £30,000- £35,000 depending on expeirnce
A market leading ophthalmic provider are currently looking to recruit a Theatre Nurse for their Manchester Clinic.
With more than 100 clinics they have become the UK’s only complete eye care providers and have more 5 star trust pilot reviews than all the other laser eye surgery providers in the UK combined.
Role & Responsibilities
The Theatre Nurse leads the surgery team in terms of providing expertise in all aspects of patient management. This is a practical ‘hands on’ role admissions nurse; scrub assistant; discharge patients with after-care advice and medications; assist within the anaesthetic room; prepare the patient for their Laser Vision Correction (LVC) or Intraocular Lens (IOL) treatment and undertake pre-screening diagnostic duties. In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the surgery manager and assisting with infection control audits
- Ensuring that all patients proceeding to surgery have had the opportunity to understand the potential risks and benefits of treatment.
- Playing a leading role in ensuring all Patient Journeys are completed with the utmost care, empathy and service that excels all Patient expectations
- To work within the team to ensure that ‘file preparation’ prior to the treatment day is carried out in order to minimise potential complications, cancellations/ postponement by being able to recognise patient suitability
- Liaise with the multi-disciplinary team in order to ensure outstanding issues are addressed prior to surgery.
- Patients are discharged from surgery with the appropriate prescribed medication and advice, including emergency contact numbers and follow up care has been arranged.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Caring manner, Patient attentiveness and professionalism paramount with all of our Patient interactions
- Ability to absorb and convey highly technical information
- Adaptable with a flexible approach to work
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong organisational skills attention to detail with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Demonstrate confidentiality, integrity and discretion
- A passion or interest for optical healthcare / refractive surgery
- Competitive salary
- 29 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Discounted optical products/procedures
- Career progression
- Modern working environment with superb technology support
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global organisation where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop within a professional working environment.
If you are interested or would like to know more about the position please contact Lydia Charville.