12 months ago
Title: Theatre Practitioner/ ODP
Location: Shepherds Bush- London
Hours: 40 hours
A market leading ophthalmic provider are currently looking to recruit a Theatre Practitioner for their London Clinic. With more than 100 clinics they have become the UK’s only complete eye care providers and have more 5 star trust pilot reviews than all the other laser eye surgery providers in the UK combined.
As the Theatre Practitioner/ODP you will be working within the dedicated ophthalmic surgery team to ensure the delivery of effective, efficient and safe ‘patient centred’ care. You will have a base location of White City, but the role is mobile and will require you to cover alternative clinics. Expenses will however be covered. The clinic activities are restricted to day case ophthalmic procedures under local anaesthetic and IV sedation. They are currently looking for Theatre Practitioner/ODP's with at least 2 of the 3 specialities including; Scrub, recovery and or anaesthetics.
The main aspects of the role are:
- Assisting in the day to day operation of the anaesthetic/recovery service
- Act as an assistant to the anaesthetist in the delivery of care; pre, peri and post-operatively
- Providing support and maintain excellent lines of communication to the team and Manager
- Ensuring all documentation relating to patient care is clear, concise and legible in accordance with NMC Standards for Records and Record Keeping and Essential Standards of Quality and Safety (CQC)
- Establishing and maintain credibility with clinicians
- Rotate within other areas of the theatre department when necessary
- To admit patient to theatre ensuring all relevant and required documentation is available. All information is passed on to the anaesthetist, surgeon and theatre staff
- To act as a key member of the crash resuscitation team within the department
- Assist in inducting new members of the theatre team
- Attend and participate in all mandatory training
- Competitive salary
- 29 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Discounted optical products/procedures
- Career progression
- Modern working environment with superb technology support
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global organisation where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop within a professional working environment.
If you are interested or would like to know more about the position please contact Lydia Charville.